Section Head Technology Assessment and Commercialisation
Department: Environmental Center of Excellence
Qualification: Bachelor Degree
Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or any related discipline with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience required. MBA or Business skills and experience is preferred
Job Description: Job Purpose: To establish the Technology Assessment and Commercialisation section, oversee the scouting, assessing and ultimately examining the feasibility of deploying emerging technologies in the field of circular economy, sustainability and environmental management.
• Stayabreast of industry development and technological advances in respect tosustainability, waste management and circular economy trends around the globe
• Ensurethere is a robust mechanism in place to scout emerging technologies assess anddetermine whether a particular project or technology is patentable, carry outmarket opportunity assessment and provide guidance on how to improve theconcept of the project
• Developand participate in incubator and accelerator programs to encourage the Omanientrepreneurs to develop technological advances in the sustainability andcircular economy fields.
• Developbusiness models for start-up companies in the field of sustainability andcircular economy
• Developdetailed project plans to deliver technology assessment and commercialisation
• Track,monitor and report on project progress against project milestones anddepartmental KPIs and identify any risks and remedial actions to ensure projectremain on track and to budget
• Developproject budgets and track and monitor project spending
• Set andagree on performance objectives for all direct reports and provide coaching andfeedback to teams/individuals in line with good people management practices toensure job responsibilities are optimally delivered
• Adhere toall relevant quality, health, safety, and environmental procedures,instructions, controls, and role specific QHSE KPIs in order to guarantee thesafety of employees, quality of products/ services and environmental compliance